Brussels sprouts are one of the most nutritious vegetables you can eat. They are packed with vitamins K and C, potassium, folate, and fiber. With the right brussel sprouts recipe, Brussels sprouts become tender on the inside with a sweet, nutty flavor that makes them an addictive and healthy side dish.
Table of Contents
In this post, I’ll be sharing a copycat recipe for the famous Brussels Sprouts at Longhorn Steakhouse. Their version includes fresh Brussels sprouts roasted to caramelized perfection and then topped with a sweet and tangy balsamic glaze. It’s so easy to recreate at home and makes a perfect accompaniment to any meal.
Ingredients You Will Need For Perfect Brussel Sprouts Recipe.
For this delectable Longhorn Brussels Sprout recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts
- 4 slices of bacon
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Longhorn cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
To prepare this recipe, you will need the following kitchen tools and equipment:
- Cutting Board
- Sharp Knife
- Baking Sheet
- Cheese Grater
- Mixing Bowl
- Begin by preheating your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Wash the Brussels sprouts thoroughly and remove any outer leaves that are wilted or damaged.
- Slice the Brussels sprouts in half, from top to bottom.
- Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crispy. Set aside the cooked bacon and crumble it into small pieces.
- In the same skillet, sauté the diced onion until translucent.
- Add the minced garlic to the skillet and cook for an additional minute.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cooked onion, garlic, crumbled bacon, Longhorn cheese, and Parmesan cheese.
- Toss the halved Brussels sprouts in the cheese and bacon mixture until they are well coated.
- Arrange the coated Brussel sprouts on a baking sheet, and cut side up.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and roast for approximately 20-25 minutes, or until the Brussels sprouts are tender and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving.
Feel free to customize this recipe to suit your preferences or dietary restrictions. Here are a few variations you can try:
- Vegetarian Version: Omit the bacon for a delicious vegetarian dish. You can add some smoked paprika or liquid smoke to enhance the flavor.
- Vegan Version: Replace the bacon with plant-based bacon or omit it entirely. Substitute the Longhorn and Parmesan cheeses with your favorite vegan cheese alternatives.
- Gluten-Free Version: Ensure that all the ingredients you use are gluten-free, including the bacon and cheeses. Double-check the labels to avoid any gluten contamination.
- Spicy Version: Add some red pepper flakes or diced jalapenos to the cheese and bacon mixture for a spicy kick.
Please note that making these variations in Brussel sprouts recipe may alter the taste and texture of the dish, so be sure to experiment and find what suits your preferences best.
Tips and Tricks
To help you achieve perfect results with Brussel sprouts recipe, here are some tips and tricks to keep in mind:
- Make sure to choose Brussels sprouts that are firm and have a vibrant green color. Avoid any sprouts that have started to yellow or have soft spots.
- Crumbling the bacon into small pieces allows it to distribute evenly throughout the dish, ensuring every bite is flavorful.
- For extra crispiness, cook the Brussels sprouts cut-side down on the baking sheet.
- Feel free to adjust the amount of cheese according to your taste preference. You can add more or less depending on how cheesy you want the dish to be.
To enhance the enjoyment of this Longhorn Brussels Sprout dish, consider the following serving suggestions:
- Serve as a side dish alongside grilled chicken or steak for a hearty and balanced meal.
- Pair with a refreshing green salad dressed with a tangy vinaigrette to contrast the richness of the Brussels sprouts.
- Garnish with some fresh chopped parsley or chives for a pop of color and added freshness.
Here is a basic nutritional breakdown for the Longhorn Brussels Sprout recipe (per serving):
- Calories: 210
- Protein: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fat: 15g
- Fiber: 4g
Brussels sprouts are an excellent source of vitamins C and K, as well as being rich in fiber and antioxidants. This dish offers a delicious and nutritious way to enjoy these tiny green gems.
Storage and Leftovers
If you have any leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat the Brussels sprouts in the oven or microwave until warmed through before serving. However, keep in mind that reheating may result in slightly softer Brussels sprouts.
We would love to hear from you! Please leave any comments or feedback below about your experience with this Longhorn Brussels Sprout recipe. Share any tips or variations you tried, or let us know if you have any questions.
We are committed to engaging with our readers and responding to your comments. Your feedback is invaluable to us, and it helps us improve our recipes and content.
Thank you for being part of our cooking community, and happy cooking!